Natural History Museum who host these Scratchpads announce that they will no longer be editable by us after September. They will then become "read-only" unless we find an alternative host. See GBIF post.
European Atlas (version 8) begun as point maps, Compiled from a range of sources in order to read into QGIS. Omitting Chamaepsila.
Comprehensive World Atlas update begun, starting with the Calobatinae. For European species also check the media at each taxon. Data from all available sources,
UK distribution map update: atlas up to 2022 (see NBN Atlas dataset). Updated UK maps are available here only for those taxa for which new records were received.
UK Atlas & status revised. DOI
UK distribution maps updated. Detailed at each taxon.
UK dataset increased by 20% - see NBN Atlas
Work by this scheme featured in an NBN news item - Sharing non-UK datasets with GBIF
Forum implemented. Registration by invitation only.
First public access upload to a GBG. See NBN Atlas and GBIF to explore records from Czech Republic and Slovakia extracted from Rohacek, 1990. Change settings and filters on the map to view them. See datasets page for details of this and further planned uploads.
iNaturalist project set up for European recorders.
Darwin Core spreadsheet template devised. Record species occurrences and be reassured of compatibility with any imaginable system.
Spreadsheet taxonomic checklist available as download.
A good read by Owen Lonsdale: Family groups of Diopsoidea and Nerioidea (Diptera: Schizophora)—Definition, history and relationships
Checklist additions via iNaturalist to Luxembourg, Bulgaria, North Caucasus & East European Russia
- First Newsletter
- Additions to checklists for North West European Russia (via iNaturalist) and Finland
- Additions to species list and Caucasus checklist
- Multi-access online keys added to this site for Micropezidae & Psilidae. Many thanks to Charles Roper for assistance in uploading them.
- The counter widget above is not accurate. Scratchpad's own Site List suggests site visitor numbers at around 160 per month but it is not clear how often that list is updated.
- Royal Belgian Society for Entomology expedition returns from 8 days collecting (260 pan traps plus sweep netting) in 4 forest sites in Alta Rocca, southern Corsica. It will take months to sort through the material, expect additions to the Corse checklist.
- Austria checklist updated
- Checklist of Diptera of the Czech Republic and Slovakia are online at http://www.edvis.sk/diptera2009/families.htm - this updates some of the references
- Added FSC Identikit source files for Micropezidae & Psilidae keys (desktop system)
- Hard copies of older (pre 1996) Dipterists Forum Bulletin obtained. Started to digitise and add to the list.
- This page implemented
- Micropeza lateralis distribution & checklists updated (Dvořák)
- Checklists for European Countries implemented (this is an ongoing project, if you have additions then let me know)
- Archive of Bulletin of the Dipterists Forum added
- Publications: Vernacular names and Distribution
- Phenology added
- Launch announced in Dipterists Forum Bulletin
- Initial site construction